TikTok users have been complaining about being tagged in the same spam video, so here is how to untag yourself on the platform.
TikTok has become one of the most popular forms of social media in recent years, allowing some users to construct empires from nothing more than a simple video that goes viral.
Users have gotten more savvy with strategies on how to properly circulate their videos to increase the number of views on those movies. The practice of using share bots grew mainstream in April 2022. This was due to the fact that it enabled producers to share their videos an unlimited number of times with just the press of a button. The programs were created by fans who were proficient in coding using Replit.
This time around, an event analogous to the previous one is taking place in which accounts are spam-tagging users in the same video.
TikToker’s assume bots are the ones responsible for the incessant tagging, and they have been imploring the platform for a repair; but, as of the time this article was written, TikTok had not yet addressed the problem.
Users are complaining that they are continuously referenced in a video that depicts a blonde woman standing next to a bed while wearing a see-through garment. The video’s description leads one to believe that the URL it contains contains pornographic content. If you believe what you read on Twitter, nobody has the guts to click and confirm.
If you visit a user’s profile, you won’t be able to see any of the clips that they have mass-tagged in their videos, even though those accounts have done so.
How To Untag Yourself?
By following the instructions below, your name will be removed from the video as well as any notifications that are associated with the clip.
- Launch TikTok, then locate the Inbox symbol in the app’s footer and click on it.
- When you select the Activities tab, you will be taken to the All Activities section automatically.
- Click the arrow that is located next to All Activity to reveal the drop down menu, and then select Mentions And Tags from the menu.
- Simply navigate to the video in which you no longer wish to be tagged and click on it. The video will start playing once it’s loaded.
- Tap on the icon that displays the total number of individuals who have been tagged in the video. This icon may be found next to the username of the video’s creator.
- To remove the tag that has been placed on you, click the Remove Tag button.
- You will need to remove each tag one at a time because it is not possible to delete many tags at the same time.
How To Stop People From Tagging You?
The best solution to the problem of obtaining an excessive number of tags is to just stop allowing yourself to be tagged in the first place.
- You may edit your status by going to your profile and clicking on the icon that looks like three lines in the top right corner of the page.
- To change your privacy settings, go to Settings and Privacy > Privacy.
- Click the “Mentions And Tags” button after you have scrolled down the page.
- You can customize the settings so only certain people can tag you. There are a wide variety of options available, ranging from everyone to no one.